Sunday, September 11, 2005

Just Sit Right Back

Wow.

My postings are sparse. The last posting was about the passing of a television celebrity. Today? Well, about a week has already gone by, but the passing of Bob Denver has indeed brought my mind back to the Gilligan's Isle Television Series. In case you did not know, it was a comedy about seven people stranded on a pacific island. The characters came from different walks of life, and in some ways may have told us a few things about our selves that we often would simply not admit to, and then perhaps get us to laugh about it.

I know that they have been on my mind when while having dinner with my family, I go to tell a story about Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, but the only name that I seem to be able to spit out is Ginger...Grant

Wow.

I read a short news story brought some things to mind and I also found a few trivia tid bits that I never knew (or simply didn't remember):

1. I never heard Gilligan's last name
2. The Skipper's name was Jonas Grumby. Isn't that a trivial pursuit question?
3. The professor's name was Roy Hinkley Jr
4. Mary Ann's last name was Summers

I'm suddenly very nostalgic.
Can you pass me the coconut cream pie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home