Friday, May 04, 2007

Yahoo Issues

I made a comment sometime ago at:
http://northernway.blogspot.com/2006/07/yahoo-mail-plus-advertisements.html
Where I was concerned that yahoo was slowly, becoming too advertisement ridden. Now let me make one thing clear. I do not have issues with advertisements displayed with free services. I do have issues when advertisements are flashed at me when I am paying for the service.

If you go to sign up for the Yahoo Mail Plus, the screen states, "no graphical ads" if you click to the next screen it states the same thing noted with asterisks....below the explanation reads "no graphical ads or ads from third parties". I still get the graphical yahoo sponsored ads if I use the "original" webmail version. The "new" bets version currently has none for me with my paid version.

Yesterday, I received an email from AT&T Yahoo Mail. It states that in in May, Yahoo will begin to offer unlimited storage. My current storage capacity is 2GB. Unlimited, sounds awfully generous and appealing, but realistically, I imagine it will take me a very long time to even fill the 2GB limit, and I imagine very few people would even exceed that amount.

The email also sates that within the next few weeks, I will begin to see graphical ads in with my mail. They say that they hope I will find the ads useful and that they keep the prices competitive.

I don't know what these ads will look lie, but needless to say I am unhappy about it. I will wait a short while and see what really happens, but may cancel my account. Let's see.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home