Thursday, September 04, 2008

Turtle Power

The lawn mower was gradually working better and better, until Tuesday while mowing when the motor continued to run, but at such a slow pace that you could hear the grass rubbing against the mower blade. I had finished all my tweaks so was rather dumbfounded as to why this sudden drop in power. I first checked the slider switch that showed a turtle and a bunny (tortoise and a hare) with the switch near maximum speed. I pushed the slider as far as it could go to get all the bunny power I could out of this thing. On restarting, the mower sounded just as tired promising to choke and stall out with a even a greater inevitability than before.

Playing with the throttle proved that turtle and bunny logos are transposed. Yet another example of how poorly some products are manufactured. The good news is that now the mower is running at a satisfactory level for me now. Go turtle!

My mowing has been split up over a couple days now, occurring just before sunset. Mowing so late reminded me of how early America, being primarily agricultural, often made use of every available minute of sunlight. At least I'm afforded a lot of luxuries that my predecessors didn't have. Last night, after coming in from mowing, took a break by watching a tv show ("Heroes") and then worked on a few updates for two web sites.

Tonight, hopefully, I'll finish the lawn, start trimming more shrubs, do laundry, take care of a few bills, and get much needed updates unto my calendar. It will be another full night.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home