Saturday, May 28, 2011

Yahoo Pulse Reduces Service

Yahoo Pulse has been the name Yahoo gave to their service where you could share profile info, blogs, and photos. Yahoo 360 was its predecessor. I used to look forward to reading a few of the blogs from some Yahoo users, but since their move to pulse, have read them only sparingly, as I never got used to their set up and found things too cluttered to enjoy. Undesired posts from unwanted people always seemed to be on my screen and how to delete them was an enigma.

I've just read a notice from Yahoo that as of May 16th their blog service will be read only, meaning you can no longer post any new blogs. And sounds like the older material will be available read only until July 16th.

The reason that Yahoo gives for the reduction of services is stated as: "This is in an effort to make our service a relevant experience for the community." Sounds rather ridiculous to me. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Internet services that can be free to users and profitable to the companies must indeed be a balancing act of sorts. My disappointment being, well quite frankly, it's Yahoo. I'd want to think that they would have a quality blogging service available.

You may have followed some of my previous writing concerning Yahoo's past changes to their online photos and email. They still offer quality products for these, but as paid services. The free versions cut on the quality.

I've just recently renewed my Flickr account for another year. Gee, I'm almost wondering should I have put that money elsewhere?

**sigh**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home