Saturday, June 09, 2012

Frozen Minty Freshness

My adventures using the newly installed Linux Mint 13

Linux Mint 13 was just released this May. I was anxious to try out the version with the Cinnamon desktop, so installed it shortly after its initial release. I restored my previously backed up programs with Mint Backup Tool, and restored my bookmarks. My computer froze up several times each day.

I later tried reinstalling a couple times and on the last reinstall did not use the Mint Backup Tool. The machine then ran fine.

 -----

Well the in more detail, there was one day since (about one week of use) that the computer again seized. I was running a lot at that time, but am unsure the reason for the one time freeze up.

When using Linux Mint 12, I would sometimes get a degradation of the graphics on my screen. Usually just a mild block like pattern in my normally smoother looking screen background. Less often, the picture on the screen would get so choppy looking that I would need to restart the system. Since my installation of Mint 13, I've only seen the graphics issue once, the milder one that is described first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home