Sunday, July 03, 2016

Windows 10 Search Bar Issue Solved

A computer at work has had Windows 10 for a couple or weeks now and seemed to function fine until Thursday. The search bar located along the bottom of the screen to the right of the "window-start" button no longer worked.  Nothing could be typed into the search box..

Online searches offered several suggested that all failed for me.  I found an easy solution that happened to work for me.  I can't say that this will be the solution for you, but share what I did in case the information is helpful.  Apparently I had 'Background Apps' running by default.  Turning this option off got my search box operational again.  Here's how I did it:

1. Hit Window/start button in left bottom corner of screen
2. Select "settings"
3. Select "privacy"
4. Select "background apps"
5. Slide the sliders to "off" position

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home