Sunday, September 23, 2018

Caturday

A cat up post, I mean catch up post about a cat.

This cat's age is unknown, but the guess is that she is about sixteen years of age.  She loves people and is gentle in her mannerisms.  She was in need of a home, and belonged to my father, so we were already fairly well acquainted.  So here is the story of Caturday, well, it was Saturday June 17th (2017), and then more after that.


Baby - CAT00038
Baby - Relaxing a bit

I tried that day to get the eighteen inch cat (numbers are for example and may not be accurate) into the twenty inch carrier.  She was not going into that box if she could help it!  After a few tries I gave up on that.  She didn't seem overtly bothered at least, as she still stayed near me and calm after the failed attempts.

I decided on Plan B, which was simply taking her in the car with me, and letting her ride on my lap.  Getting in, I could see that she was a bit nervous, but seemed to be handling things fairly well.  Then, about halfway through the ride, without any apparent cause, she started getting very nervous.  She climbed up and over and settled onto the back seat.  She started to cry continuously.  Seeing how frightened she was, I talked to her all the way home, trying to calm her.  When we got home and got out of the car, I was afraid that she would make a mad dash to run away, so I scooped her up right away and carried her into the house.

She loves attention, and will sometimes meow to let you know when she is in need of it.  Her general behavior is fairly good, as she stays off the tables and counters. Just once earlier on, she went to climb up unto the kitchen table.  I gave a stern "no" and she stopped and reversed her direction.  I can say more often than not that if I sit down she loves to jump up and lay on my lap and will stay there for long spans of time. We have somewhat of a ritual as we tend to this on a regular basis.  If I miss the appointed time, she will often come up to me and give me a loud meow.  If I go towards the recliner she will run to join me.

Her given name is Baby.  I say given name, as I don't care for it. I could come up with something else, but never seem to.  She's seems to be in excellent health.  She has gray fur with a small touch of white up front.  Coincidentally, the last cat I had was gray. There is a bit of similarity, but to me they are far from identical.  Their personalities are also very different from each other.

Baby has been with me for almost a bit over year now.  Glad to finally share a pic and the story.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home